GCR highly values quality and attention to detail above all else. Fishing reels are completely disassembled, down to the smallest washer. Metal parts and bearings are cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner and reassembled using OEM recommended parts and lubricants.
We repair most makes and models of fishing reels for both fresh and saltwater applications. Give us a heads-up before you come on what brand and model reel you own and what’s wrong and we’ll do our best to make sure the parts are on hand before you arrive. Email photos of your rod or reel repair to Reggie@GooseCreekRods.com or text 704.236.0897.
Due to increasing costs, GCR is continuously evaluating our pricing structure, sometimes on a weekly basis. everything we utilize in repairing, restoring, and crafting rods and reels is increasing in price, so we are forced to adjust in order to remain in business. Thank you to all our loyal customers who understand, and know that we will continue to keep costs as low as we possibly can.
REEL CLEANING COST:
- Cleaning – Freshwater Reels: *Starting at $30 per reel (Standard Freshwater Spinning Reels).
- Cleaning – Saltwater Spinning Reels: *Starting at $35 per reel.
- Penn 115, 4/0 to 9/0: *Starting at $40.
- Saltwater (lever drag): *Starting at $45
- Saltwater (2-speed lever drag): *Starting at $50
*Costs listing above are starting points. The final price may increase depending on the severity, complexity, and increased time involved in cleaning and repairing.
REEL REPAIR COST:
- Starting at $20 per reel plus parts (plus shipping if applicable). This is repair only, no cleaning.
- BENCH FEE: If we began work on your reel and then it is determined that it cannot be fixed due to obsolete/unavailable parts, or the cost of parts and labor exceeds the retail value of the reel, there will be a $20 bench fee accessed. If you donate the reel to GCR so we can salvage any usable parts, we will waive the $20 bench fee.
*All parts must be pre-paid before ordering.
Goose Creek Rod & Reel Repair offers high-performance parts for most fresh and saltwater reels. Improvements include bearing upgrades (stainless steel, ceramic or high-speed), Carbontex drag washers, and more.
ROD REPAIR PRICING – GUIDE WRAPS (ONE COLOR*)
- $12 Single Foot Guides, One-Color Thread.
- $15 Double-Foot guides, One-Color Thread.
- Add $1 per guide for Trim Bands.
- Add $2 per guide for Underwraps.
All guides once wrapped, are coated with 3-4 coats of clear epoxy. Each coat of epoxy takes 8-24 hours to dry before another coat can be applied.
*Additional charge for multiple color threads, under wraps, and custom trim bands to match existing guide styles.
RODS – TIPS
- $15 (Includes the cost of most common tips in-stock*). One color wrap**.* Special tips such as heavy-duty saltwater, boat tips, Titanium, and others will be based on the cost of the tip plus shipping charges.
** Add $2 for trim bands.
- Custom Rods: All components must be paid for up-front, before ordering. The remaining balance plus any additional charges are due upon delivery.
- Vintage Restorations: All restorations must be paid up-front before any work begins. If there are unforeseen additional costs, they will be billed upon completion before delivery.
- Reel Cleaning and Repair: Parts must be paid up-front before parts are ordered. Balance is due upon delivery.
- Cash and/or online debit/credit cards accepted. ($2 Service Charge added for credit card payments). Sorry, no checks.
Please “Like” our Facebook page!